Awareness, Attitudes, & Usage (AA&U) Studies
Studies of Awareness, Attitudes and Usage enable marketers to quantify levels and trends in consumer knowledge, perceptions, beliefs, intentions, and behaviors (actual and intended). This type of research allows you to understand the strength of your presence in the market, get a clear picture of your brand’s position in the marketplace, what your consumers value, and where opportunities lie.
AA&U studies feature a range of questions designed to shed light on consumer relationships with your brand. For example:
- How well does your target market know you and the products or services you offer?
- Who are your key competitors?
- How do consumers perceive your brand, and how do you stack up to your key competitors?
- Who are the acceptors and rejecters of your product or service?
- Do the customer profiles for your brands differ from users of your key competitors?
- How do consumers use your products or services?
- Are there unmet needs in your product or service category?
This more holistic research protocol takes into account the cumulative effect of integrated marketing, including advertising, press coverage, newsletters, Internet blogs, and so forth.
For some examples of our thinking and work with AA&U Studies please click on the hyperlink below (to view in PDF format):